This is a temporary PRN position.
GI Assistants contribute to optimal patient outcomes by providing quality patient care
Provides delegated patient care activities.
Assists in collecting data for an objective assessment to identify the patient's needs, problem, concerns or human responses, e.g., vital signs.
Assists, under the direction of the RN, in the implementation of the established plan of care.
Assists the physician and RN during diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
Respond to emergency situations as directed by the RN.
Requirements & Minimum Qualifications
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Previous experience as a CNA required.
Knowledge of Sterile Techniques preferred.
Current CNA registration with the State of Idaho or Current Certified Medical Assistant.
BLS Required. Will be provided during Kootenai Health General Orientation.
Kootenai Health Highlights
Kootenai Health provides comprehensive medical services to patients in northern Idaho and the Inland Northwest. Its main campus is located in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho and includes a 292-bed community-owned hospital. Kootenai Health is accredited by DNV, holds Magnet designation for nursing excellence, and is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network. It is also designated as a Level III Trauma Center, and accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer. We offer an excellent tuition reimbursement program, wellness program and on-going educational classes to all employees. If you want to work and live in a great area, then check out Kootenai Health and Coeur d'Alene Idaho.
· Kootenai offers a full spectrum of employee reward, recognition, and retention programs
· Received "The Best Place to Work in Large Healthcare Organizations" and considered one of the nation's top 20 "Best Places to Work in Healthcare."
· Workplace health and wellness initiatives - In 2009, Kootenai received the Wellness Councils of America's Gold National Well Workplace designation
· We have outstanding training and educational opportunities
· We have positive employee/supervisor relationships