Working Title Academic Advising & Student Success Coordinator - CSTEM
Inspire Awesome with Eastern Washington University! We are currently seeking skilled and team-oriented applicants for the following position:
The Academic Advising and Student Success Coordinator serves as the link between the Center for Academic Advising and Retention and the College of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (CSTEM) administration and faculty as well as between other university offices. This position is responsible for collecting and analyzing CSTEM student success and retention data, generating reports based on the data, and developing data-driven programming for student success and retention initiatives.
This position is responsible for developing and implementing college-level advising and retention programming, academic advising communication plans and strategies as part of a centralized academic advising program. The Academic Advising and Student Success Coordinator will work with faculty, the Associate Dean, and the Dean to address CSTEM advising concerns, and will serve as an important advising support and back-up to faculty advisors.
The Academic Advising and Student Success Coordinator, in collaboration with the Executive Director of Academic Advising, will coordinate faculty and staff development and training in relation to academic advising, will assess the college advising program and will generate advising related reports for the Executive Director and Dean.
The Academic Advising and Student Success Coordinator will work with the Center for Academic Advising and Retention in planning and providing new student advising and registration services, will support the university's efforts to implement early alert, will manage the college's probation/reinstatement program, and will plan and implement other student success programs and initiatives as determined by the Executive Director. This position will serve on committees and attend faculty, staff, and department meetings as requested by the Executive Director and the Dean.
The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays (adjusted accordingly), tuition waiver benefit and more!
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
The Academic Advising and Student Success Coordinator reports to the Executive Director of Academic Advising.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university fund or other items of value, as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 18. Successful applicant will be required to pass a background check.
This position is part of the PSE bargaining unit.
Optional: Contact Saundra Godin at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis which will describe conditions of employment, such as physical demands.
M-F, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, the occasional evening and weekend.
- Master's degree (any field).
- Four (4) years of experience in academic advising, or related work with students in a college or university setting which must include a focus on academic advising and persistence.
- Experience collecting and analyzing data, generating reports based on the data and developing data-driven programming for student success and retention initiatives.
- Experience developing/implementing program assessments.
- Experience using computer technologies such as databases, internet, spreadsheets, tracking systems, and word processing.
- Ability to prepare, compile, write and review reports.
- Candidates must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency or diversity.
Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Master's degree in related field such as education, higher education administration, or one of the following disciplines: Biology, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Computer Science, Earth Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Visual Communication Design, Environmental Science, Geology, Mathematics, Mathematics Education, Natural Science and Physics.
- Experience advising the following majors: Biology, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Computer Science, Earth Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Visual Communication Design, Environmental Science, Geology, Mathematics, Mathematics Education, Natural Science and Physics.
- Willingness to work with students that have unique academic advising issues.
- Strong student-centered approach (i.e., willingness to work with students to help and find solutions even if it falls outside of the College of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
- Experience developing and implementing training and assessment programs.
- Experience collaborating with faculty.
- Experience working with Banner.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work in a positive manner to build partnerships and work effectively as a contributing member of an academic college and a centralized advising unit.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and time while under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Pre-Placement Physical: No
Hearing Test: No
Medical Monitoring Post Hire: No